[uxgraz] UX Graz Community September 2020 Update

Johannes Lehner email at johannes-lehner.at
Sun Aug 30 17:00:53 CEST 2020

Hi Folks!

First of all I have to say THANK YOU to all active members of our UX Graz Community / Family!

It is amazing how everything works out and how many UX folks are supporting the community, strengthen the community spirit and sharing their knowledge, ideas, and experience with the UX Graz Community!

If you aren’t already part of it but also want to be actively support our family and have some time left, feel free to contact me via email <email at johannes-lehner.at <mailto:email at johannes-lehner.at> > or reach out form e via LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/jbeargraphics/ . Everyone who wants to support us is welcome – even if you just have 5 minutes a day 😉

*** UXGraz Community Update ***

*	Our first meetups are already announced via https://www.meetup.com/UXGrazCommunity/ . Unfortunately, we still weren’t able to change the URL, but we are starting to announce our own meetups via our own meetup group!
*	Our UX Graz YouTube Channel is available online: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpmSBO12QEh1BTs49iQDb2Q
We are going to provide the recordings of our previous meetups and fireside chats online. If you didn’t have time to attend or want to listen to one of our events once again, subscribe to get updates
*	Our first UX Graz Fireside Chat with Mathias Maisberger from Strategyzer was a great start for our new meetup format. Stay tuned for our upcoming guests – we will have great guests and even greater topics:
Ethical Design, UX in Enterprise Software Companies, Why Empathy and Being Proactive is Essential for UX Professionals, Networking and Knowledge Exchange in Uncertain Times (due to Covid-19), and much more!
Even if it’s a passive („listen-only“) meetup format, you can ask your questions during the Webinar if you attend in the live sessions!

*	We have our UX Graz Community Meetup in September! We want to talk about anything that comes from our community – anything you want to share, you want to present, you want to talk about or discuss.
Drop your own ideas or vote for other ideas on https://app.sli.do/event/ectjq7nc (or enter the code #uxgraz on slido.com)! You can add or vote for topics until September 6th!

*** Upcoming Events organized by UXGraz ***

#1 Hands-On UX | The ROI of UX - How to Prove It's Worth Investing! (Online Event)

https://www.meetup.com/UXPAA-Meetup/events/272023633/

📆 When?

Thursday, September 10th 2020, 7PM (CEST)

🗺️ Where?

Anywhere ;) it is online!

💬 What?

This meetup is a collaborative meetup together with UX Linz. In an interactive meetup session, we will discuss about the ROI of UX. Details will follow in our next update mail

If you can’t wait for the meetup to know more about the topic, here’s a quick read:

https://medium.com/@jbeargraphics/why-you-shouldnt-convince-your-management-to-invest-in-ux-cf4856cc3754

How much?

The meetup is absolutely free!

#2 UX Graz Community Meetup (Online Event)

https://www.meetup.com/UXGrazCommunity/events/272741741/ or https://www.meetup.com/UXPAA-Meetup/events/268329025/

📆 When?

Tuesday, September 15th 2020, 6:30PM (CEST)

🗺️ Where?

Anywhere ;) it is online!

💬 What?

We are going to talk about your own UX-related projects, ideas, issues you are facing. It ain't matter if you only show us what you're currently working on and ask the community about ideas or you have a 20 minutes presentation - every talk, every topic, every idea, every project is welcome!
Drop ideas on https://app.sli.do/event/ectjq7nc (or enter the code #uxgraz on slido.com)! You can add or vote for topics until September 6th 2020!

#3 UX Graz Online | Fireside Chat featuring [TBA] (Online Event)

📆 When?

TBD

🗺️ Where?

Anywhere ;) it is online!

💬 What?

As soon as our guest and the topic is available, I will send an update!

#4 UX/UI Books'n'Beer (UXGraz Book Club, Local Event)

https://www.meetup.com/UXGrazCommunity/events/272482118/

📆 When?

Thursday, September 24th 2020, 5PM (CEST)

🗺️ Where?

„Die Scherbe"

Stockergasse 2, Graz (near Lendplatz)

💬 What?

Join us for a beer at the next UX/UI book club. This time we are talking about the classic "The Design of everyday things" by Don Norman.

How much?

You are responsible for your own drinks 📖🍻

*** UXGraz is looking for speakers! ***

If you want to share your knowledge or experience with us, or want to show one of your projects and discuss with the community, contact me <email at johannes-lehner.at <mailto:email at johannes-lehner.at> >.

We organize different meetup formats and will definitely find the right one for you!

*** UX Jobs in Graz ***

Since we support the whole UX community in Graz, we decided to promote UX jobs on our social media accounts.

If you know about companies who are hiring at the moment, please let us know!

*** Other great UX stuff ***

A lot of our community members, speakers, or companies that supported our last events have great blog entries, podcasts, share videos, etc. If you know about articles, blog entries, etc that are interesting for the UXGraz community, let us know about it.

We want everyone to know great the UX scene in Graz is 😉

Johannes from #UXGraz

Always stay up-to-date:

Follow #UXGraz on LinkedIn, Twitter, or Facebook for updates!

Facebook: @UXGraz | https://www.facebook.com/uxgraz

LinkedIn: @UXGraz | https://www.linkedin.com/company/uxgraz

Twitter:  @UXGraz | https://twitter.com/uxgraz