[uxgraz] UX Graz Community Update August 2020

Johannes Lehner email at johannes-lehner.at
Mon Aug 10 18:14:38 CEST 2020

Hi Folks!

I hope everyone is healthy and enjoys the summer time. Our UX Graz community has great news – thanks to our supportive community, we can provide even more content and events to all of you!

If you also want to be part of our family and have some time left, feel free to contact me via email <email at johannes-lehner.at <mailto:email at johannes-lehner.at> > or reach out form e via LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/jbeargraphics/. <https://www.linkedin.com/in/jbeargraphics/>

Since the subject of the email promises updates, here are our updates:

*** UXGraz Community Update ***

*	UXGraz finally has an own meetup group. Currently, you can find it via https://www.meetup.com/UXGrazCommunity/ but we are trying to change that to UXGraz.

*	We will start a YouTube Channel were you can find the recordings of our meetups. This will take some time, but you can subscribe already (as soon as we got 100 subscribers, we can change the youtube url to /uxgraz 😉 )
Here’s the link to our channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpmSBO12QEh1BTs49iQDb2Q

*	The first local meetup took place on July 30th at „Die Scherbe“. Thanks to Konny for organizing and everyone who joined us at the Books’n’Beer. It was a great event and we can’t wait fort he next one coming up in September!

*** Upcoming Events organized by UXGraz ***

#1 UXPA Austria | Rethinking Designer-Developer Collaboration (Online Event)

https://www.meetup.com/UXPAA-Meetup/events/268328987/

📆 When?

Tuesday, August 18th 2020, 6:30PM (CEST)

🗺️ Where?

Anywhere ;) it is online!

💬 What?

Juan Herrera from Parkside will talk about 7 practices designers can exploit to achieve better collaboration with developers. Moreover, Johannes Lehner from Intact will share his experience about what UX designers can learn from developers.

How much?

The meetup is absolutely free!

#2 UX Graz Online | Fireside Chat featuring Mathias Maisberger (Strategyzer) (Online Event)  <https://www.meetup.com/UXPAA-Meetup/events/268328943/>

https://www.meetup.com/UXPAA-Meetup/events/272354569/

📆 When?

Thursday, August 27th 2020, 7PM (CEST)

🗺️ Where?

Anywhere ;) it is online!

💬 What?

Mathias Maisberger will talk about how he managed to fail all the way up from school to his current job at Strategyzer. He learned that failing is no only part of a learning process, but also can improve the quality of your product if you do it in a controlled invironment. In other words: Small systematically failing is great for creating successful products!

#3 Hands-On UX | The ROI of UX - How to Prove It's Worth Investing! (Online Event)  <https://www.meetup.com/UXPAA-Meetup/events/268328943/>

https://www.meetup.com/UXPAA-Meetup/events/272023633/

📆 When?

Thursday, September 10th 2020, 7PM (CEST)

🗺️ Where?

Anywhere ;) it is online!

💬 What?

This meetup is a collaborative meetup together with UX Linz. In an interactive meetup session, we will discuss about the ROI of UX. Details will follow in our next update mail

If you can’t wait for the meetup to know more about the topic, here’s a quick read:

https://medium.com/@jbeargraphics/why-you-shouldnt-convince-your-management-to-invest-in-ux-cf4856cc3754

#4 UX/UI Books'n'Beer (UXGraz Book Club, Local Event)

https://www.meetup.com/UXGrazCommunity/events/272482118/

📆 When?

Thursday, September 24th 2020, 5PM (CEST)

🗺️ Where?

„Die Scherbe"

Stockergasse 2, Graz (near Lendplatz)

💬 What?

Join us for a beer at the next UX/UI book club. This time we are talking about the classic "The Design of everyday things" by Don Norman.

How much?

You are responsible for your own drinks 📖🍻

*** UXGraz is looking for speakers! ***

If you want to share your knowledge or experience with us, or want to show one of your projects and discuss with the community, contact me <email at johannes-lehner.at <mailto:email at johannes-lehner.at> >.

We organize different meetup formats and will definitely find the right one for you!

*** UX Jobs in Graz ***

Since we support the whole UX community in Graz, we decided to promote UX jobs on our social media accounts.

If you know about companies who are hiring at the moment, please let us know!

*** Other great UX stuff ***

A lot of our community members, speakers, or companies that supported our last events have great blog entries, podcasts, share videos, etc. If you know about articles, blog entries, etc that are interesting for the UXGraz community, let us know about it.

We want everyone to know great the UX scene in Graz is 😉

Johannes from #UXGraz

Always stay up-to-date:

Follow #UXGraz on LinkedIn, Twitter, or Facebook for updates!

Facebook: @UXGraz | https://www.facebook.com/uxgraz

LinkedIn: @UXGraz | https://www.linkedin.com/company/uxgraz

Twitter:  @UXGraz | https://twitter.com/uxgraz