[uxgraz] UXGraz News March 2022

UX Graz Community community at uxgraz.at
Mon Mar 14 22:39:38 CET 2022

Hey UX Folks,

our UX Graz community keeps growing - and so does our organization team! 🎉
👋 Welcome our newest member to the UX Graz family - Jonathan Sivak. 👏👏
📰 Together with Jon, weh ave GREAT NEWS for you! Jon will organize our next UX/UI Books'n'Beer events AND the book club is going back to local! 📚🍻🙌

You want to join our UX Graz family?
We're always looking for people who want to contribute more to the community...
Want to give a talk? Want to volunteer in organizing?
Hit us up at mailto:community at uxgraz.at!

----
UPCOMING EVENTS

Our next event is alread tomorrow – Tuesday, 15 March!
Automated accessibility testing tools like Lighthouse judge your website with scores, whereby higher scores usually mean more accessible. However, getting the perfect score from a tool does not mean that your website is accessible - our guest speaker, Manuel, carried out an experiment to prove that. After his presentation, we will discuss what you can do to test if your work is really accessible and does not only get a high score.
👉🎫 RSVP via https://www.meetup.com/uxgraz/events/284366824/

Thursday 14 April, we will discuss the book "The Inmates Are Running the Asylum: Why High Tech Products Drive Us Crazy and How to Restore the Sanity" by Alan Cooper in our UX/UI Books'n'Beer.
And guess what? It will be held IN PERSON at Die Scherbe in Graz! Hope to see many of you there! 📚🍻
As always it's not required but highly recommended to read this amazing book.
👉🎫 don't forget to RSVP via https://www.meetup.com/uxgraz/events/284618332/ (we want to make sure we have enough seats at the table for everyone)

You have an idea or want to give a talk in our Meetup on 19 April?
✉️ Reach out to johannes at uxgraz.at

----
UPDATES

Our last meetup about UX job applications and UX portfolio was a blast!
Around 👥50 people from all around the world attending in total and around 20-30 people staying online for ⏳4 hours!!! 🙏 Thanks to everyone who participated and made this event an amazing experience for us! ❤️ We really didn't expect this in times where people are tired of online events!
Because of the awesome feedback after the event, we decided to share our UX portfolio cheat sheet with everyone - not only our attendees. You can find the UX portfolio cheat sheet on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6905306014653255681

We are slowly getting back to in-person and hybrid (in-person + online) meetings! Therfore, we are looking for companies that want to host our events!
Want to host an event or know a company that does want to host a meetup? Reach out to Johannes at johannes at uxgraz.at

You can only attend online?
If you haven't done so far, please switch to the UXPA Austria meetup group https://www.meetup.com/UXPAA-Meetup/ - all remote participation links will be posted there now and in future!

🔥🔥🔥 The UX+DEV barcamp core organization team is already working on the project! As soon as the website is online, you get to know our team. Do you know a potential sponsor for the event? Send us a message to community at uxgraz.at 🔥🔥🔥

----
📅 SAVE THE DATES

15 March 2022 - (online) UX Graz Meetup "Creating (In)Accessible Websites - Why Automated Reviews Are Never Enough!"
14 April 2022 - (in-person) UX/UI Books'n'Beer "The Inmates Are Running the Asylum"
8/9 June 2022 - (online) 24 Hours of UX ( https://24hoursofux.com/ )
2 July 2022 - (in-person) Barcamp Graz 2022 (for UX+DEV)
26-28 August 2022 - (online) Savvy UX Summit (https://www.savvyuxsummit.com/)
15/16 September 2022 - (in-person) uxcon vienna ( https://www.uxcon.at/ )
12/13 October 2022 - (in-person) World Usability Congress ( http://worldusabilitycongress.at/ )
10 November 2022 - (hybrid) World Usability Day ( https://worldusabilityday.at/ | https://worldusabilityday.org/ )