[uxgraz] Talk Tomorrow Wed 27 Feb 16:00 on Tree Testing Tools

Keith Andrews kandrews at iicm.edu
Tue Feb 26 19:44:12 CET 2019

Hi all,

Short notice, I know, but might be of interest to some of you...

One of my Master's students, Ajdin Mehic, will be giving a talk
tomorrow (Wed 27 Feb) on tree testing tools (see below).

You are welcome to attend.

Cheers,

Keith

-------------------------- cut ------------------------

Seminar Talks WS 2018/2019

Wed 27 Feb 2019 16:00

Seminar Room IDEG134 (D1.10)
Inffeldgasse 16c, ground floor

o 16:00-16:45

"Tree Testing Tools for Information Hierarchies"

Ajdin Mehic

Abstract

Information architecture (IA) is the structuring and labelling of
information spaces to make them easier to navigate and access.
The foundation of a good information architecture is often a
combination of one or more well-designed hierarchies and carefully
curated metadata. A good information hierarchy builds upon
non-overlapping categories with well-designed (and tested) labels.

This talk discusses tree testing tools, which help test a proposed
information hierarchy. In tree testing, a group of users is asked to
perform various navigation tasks, and based on the results, it is
possible to see where problems in an information hierarchy occur and
where improvements should be made.

--

Keith Andrews             ISDS, Graz University of Technology, Austria

https://isds.tugraz.at/keith            "No wild kangaroos in Austria"